Welcome to the June 2021 issue of The Dealmaker.
Private equity firms are raising larger funds than they have in years. Investors are looking to put the flood of capital to work as the economy recovers and the remainder of the year looks rosy.
Here are some of the most important M&A news we have read this month:
- KKR, CD&R Buy Cloudera for $5.3B – The Middle Market
- Private equity brushes off past club deal woes with $34B Medline buyout – Pitchbook
- US healthcare data giants Datavant and Ciox strike $7bn merger deal – City AM
- IDBI Bank invites bids for its stake in Avenue Capital-backed Arcil – VC Circle
- Psychedelic IPOs build momentum as Atai Life Sciences goes public – Pitchbook
- Authum Investment emerges as highest bidder for stressed Reliance Home Finance – VC Circle
- PE Fundraising Boom Means Lots of Tech, Healthcare M&A Coming – The Middle Market
- UK remains an attractive M&A destination, climbing slightly despite Brexit – City AM