Welcome to the September 2021 issue of The Dealmaker.
When considering the target geographies of anticipated deals, respondents point towards historical strongholds, North America (42 percent) and Asia Pacific (38 percent), as the top two destinations.
However, in third place is Africa, one of the world’s smallest Energy M&A markets, with 29 percent of respondents expecting to do at least one deal in the region over the coming 12 months, ahead of Western Europe (23 percent) and Latin America (21 percent).
Here are some of the most important M&A news we have read this month:
- Over half of UK tech investors ready to pull capital over proposed clampdown on startup M&A
- Goldman Buys GreenSky for $2B
- SoftBank doubles down on LatAm after first fund tops its expectations
- S4 Capital confirms tech merger after Covid-19 pushed ‘digital transformation’
- Prenetics becomes first HK unicorn to go public
- Foreign takeovers of UK firms hit highest level since 2018
- SPACs offer hope for reviving Singapore’s flagging IPO market
- Citi expands Asian ECM capabilities