Welcome to the June 2020 issue of The Dealmaker.
After some tough months due to the pandemic, the dealmaking points to tentative recovery. M&A world will be revived in a few months and will do so vigorously. With so much money in private equity, there will be a unique opportunity for those business owners who want to incorporate a partner and lead an industry consolidation.
Here are some of the most important M&A news we have read this month:
- Why M&A will rekindle after Covid-19 crisis – ONE to ONE
- 8 big things: Airbnb, Palantir lead a glitzy IPO pipeline – Pitchbook
- Virtual IPO roadshows could become the new post-crisis standard – Pitchbook
- Amazon in talks to buy $2-bn stake in Bharti Airtel – VC Circle
- Spain’s MasMovil to be acquired in €5bn private equity buyout – Financial Times
- Jeff Bezos takes stake in UK tech startup Beacon – City A.M.
- Mining remains a bright spot in M&A gloom – Financial Times
- Just Eat beats Uber to snap up Grubhub for £5.8bn – The Guardian