Welcome to the January 2021 issue of The Dealmaker.
Investors have kicked off 2021 with bets on fintech startups. Fintech has been a venture capital hotspot ever since the global financial crisis. The banner debut along with names like SoFi, Coinbase, and Robinhood, is a sign that the IPO market is still going crazy.
Here are some of the most important M&A news we have read this month:
- 10 big things: The remarkable rise of Roblox – Pitchbook
- Auto1’s €1B debut to join Europe’s 2021 IPO roll call – Pitchbook
- Glencore sells Zambia copper unit to state in $1.5bn deal – Financial Times
- Hong Kong IPOs forecast to raise record amount in 2021, PwC says – Finance Asia
- The era of big exits will begin in 2021: Blume Ventures’ Ashish Fafadia – VC Circle
- Italy’s Poste Italiane to buy 51% of China’s Sengi Express – Reuters
- European bank dealmaking raises hopes for cross-border M&A – Financial Times
- Software firm Quali raises $54 million in VC-backed funding round – Reuters