Welcome to our first Newsletter in 2018.
Here are some of the more interesting M&A news and articles that we have come across during the last month. We hope you find them interesting.
- Making a secure transaction to the public cloud – McKinsey
- MiFID II – Bllomberg
- US stocks slide as bond sell-off rattles investors – Financial Times
- Major UK cyber attack is “when, not if”, says security chief – BBC
- Uber’s global rivals gather as Ola launches in Australia – Financial Times
- This month has been the strongest January on record for megadeals, according to Thomson Reuters data – City A.M.
- VW suspends chief lobbyist over diesel tests on monkeys and humans – The WSJ
- SAP pays $2.4bn for Callidus as it pushes further into cloud – Financial Times
- Google secretly acquired a UK startup that could make smartphone speakers obsolete – City A.M.
- Morgan Stanley swoops to steal the crown from Goldman Sachs advising on announced M&A deals worth $136bn last year -City A.M.
- American Express acquires Nexus Venture-backed virtual travel assistant Mezi – VCCircle
- Lex in depth: the case against share buybacks – Financial Times