Welcome to the April 2021 issue of The Dealmaker.
Merger and acquisitions surged 17.4 percent in the March quarter to USD 25.3 billion across 97 deals, according to a report. According to the report collated by Mergermarket, relaxation in the pandemic restrictions, as well as investor optimism due to vaccine roll-out and government stimulus, have helped the delay activities.
Here are some of the most important M&A news we have read this month:
- Citigroup Eyes Comeback for $20B Plus Mega-Deal – The Middle Market
- Virgin Media and O2 merger cleared by competition watchdog – The Guardian
- Pea Protein Burgers, Healthy Pizza Whet Appetite for M&A – The Middle Market
- China central banker urges three-pronged approach to green finance – Finance Asia
- Despite SPAC woes, record-breaking run of money into IPOs may continue – CNBC
- Will private equity get caught up in a SPAC showdown with regulators? – Pitchbook
- European soccer’s new Super League casts shadow over PE investment – Pitchbook
- Singapore’s Grab to go public in $40bn Spac deal – Financial Times